Top universities want to attract more Total Care® graduates by offering exclusive partnerships. Currently 8 top Canadian universities have formalized their partnership with Columbia International College, making our University Partners the largest and most extensive program of its kind in Canada. Exclusive Advantages for Graduates:
1. Admissions Advantages
- Receive early admissions from universities
- Have guaranteed admissions from universities
- Receive conditional admittance by universities at time of application to Columbia
- Have special assigned staff from university admission offices to service Columbia’s University Placement Office and graduates
- Enjoy extended application deadlines
- Frequent visits from top university representatives to conduct interviews with Columbia students
- Annual University Fair at Columbia to discuss admission information with students
2. English Proficiency Requirements Advantage
- Students may recieve exemption from TOEFL/IELTS if they receive a mark of 75% or higher in our Grade 11 (ENG3U) and our Grade 12 (ENG4U) English courses; this is offered by Western University in London, Ontario, One of the top universities in Canada, famous for its Richard Ivey School of Business.
3. Scholarships Advantages
- Students are eligible for scholarships designated exclusively for our Total Care® graduates by partner universities. In addition to their regular entrance scholarships, Columbia graduates have more chances to obtain university scholarships than graduates from other schools. Students also benefit from:
Columbia’s Total Care Education System® is committed to diligently helping each student fulfill their dream of entering a top university.
A Mutually Beneficial Partnership
Top-ranked universities, increase their chance of attracting Columbia’s Total Care® graduates. Students increase their prospects of admission and scholarship opportunities to top-ranked universities in Canada and around the world.
These partnerships introduce students to new and unlimited opportunities across North America that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
With our graduates’ excellent record of success over the years, Columbia has established a University Partners program which provides advantages that are only available exclusively to our graduates.
University Placement Counsellors work diligently with the top universities to:
- Maintain and expand the admission advantages from our University Partners program
- Increase the number and amount of scholarships offered to Total Care® graduates
Students must attain the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) in order to apply for university. To qualify for the OSSD, students must successfully complete:
- At least 30 credits (courses) at the secondary level
- 10 hours of community service in Ontario
- The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT)
University Application and Admission
UPO is committed to helping students GO Higher by:
- Providing a knowledgeable and welcoming environment dedicated to assisting students with university applications and career planning
- Placing our students in world-class universities and prestigious programs that best match their abilities, performance, and goals
- Advocating on behalf of students to maximize their scholarships and university placement opportunities
6 Pre-University Courses for University Admission
|Program||Compulsory Pre-University Courses||Number of Additional Pre-University Courses||Additional Requirements|
||2||Portfolio or Graphic Work may be required|
|Arts or Humanities||
|Business / Commerce||
||3||Physics Or ANY Science course|
||2||Some universities also require 1-2 sciences|
|Hotel and Food Management||
||1||1 or 2 science courses|
||5||Some programs also require 1 and or 2 Pre-U Math courses|