Columbia International College is once again gearing up to host its 30 Hour Famine event on Saturday, March 28, 2015.
In support of World Vision, the event will raise money and awareness to help end poverty and world hunger. Students who sign up to participate will be asked to raise $50, fast from food for 30 hours, and attend the educational event March 28.
Who Can Sign Up?
• Maximum of 200 students
• Lottery style sign up (lucky draw) – due to high popularity
• Open only to students who have not previously participated in the event
Sign Up Procedure
1. Fri. Feb. 20 or Mon. Feb. 23 (between 9am-5pm)
• See Ms. Melissa in Room S244
• Option A: Sign up for the lucky draw individually
• Option B: Sign up in a group of 2-3 friends (if you do this, all students must come to sign up at the same time)
*You only can put your name in the lucky draw once*
2. Tuesday February 24 at 4pm
• Check Room S244 to see if your name (or group) was chosen in the luck draw
• If your name is on the list, sign-up for a training session with Ms. Melissa by Wednesday, February 25.
• If you are selected and you do not attend the information session, you will lose your spot in the event
• No reminders or call slips will be sent
Students wishing to learn more can visit the Student Development Office, room S244.
World Vision Youth Canada
World Vision Youth Canada is a non-profit organization dedicated to working with children and communities. The organization encourages youth and students to become agents of change and to BE the solution to global issues of poverty and inequality. To learn more about World Vision Youth Canada and the 30 Hour Famine, visit yourmovement.ca