- CIC has more than 10 university partners, the most among Canadian high schools. Most of these partners are world class universities such as U of Toronto, Waterloo, Western and McMaster
- Our university partners designate admission staff to work closely with our University Placement Office on student applications and admissions
- Throughout the year, admission representatives from more than 35 universities from Canada, USA and UK visit CIC and hold information sessions for our graduating students
- The University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo and McMaster University accept more graduates from Columbia International College than from any other school worldwide
CIC has more top universities in the partnership program than any other school
THE UNIVERSITY PARTNERS ADVANTAGE
- Receive early admissions from universities
- Have special assigned staff from university admissions offices to service Columbia’s University Placement Office and graduates
English Proficiency Exemption Advantage
CIC graduates are exempted from TOEFL / IELTS:
- With marks of 75% or higher in both Grade 11 & 12 English (ENG3U & ENG4U)
- Western University
- York University, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- With final mark of 80% or higher in Grade 12 English (ENG4U)
- York University, Faulty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Columbia graduates have more chances to be awarded university entrance scholarship than graduates from other schools.
- Regular entrance scholarships plus
- Designated scholarships for CIC grads only
|ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXEMPTION ADVANTAGE|
Our Grads Excel at Top Universities
Over the past couple of years that I’ve looked back at the data, we’ve observed the success rate of Columbia students. Their graduation rate is higher than our regular students, which means they go from first year to fourth year faster than our regular students and we are very, very pleased to see graduation rate data that is as successful as those.
There is no other school in Canada where we get more students, in any one year than Columbia International College.
Columbia graduates thrive here, they do well here, they’re leaders here and we want more of them.
Registrar and Director of
University of Toronto, Mississauga
McMaster and Columbia have enjoyed an excellent relationship over the years since 1996 when the education Alliance at Hamilton established annual entrance scholarships for Columbia graduates.
In 2009 an additional partnership was formed to guarantee admission to all Columbia students who meet McMaster’s admission requirements.
As a result, every year McMaster accepts many Columbia graduates into challenging programs to help achieve their education and career goals.
Students admitted from Columbia alone represent a far bigger number than any other school worldwide.
Columbia students are the most fantastic students inside the classroom and outside. They actively participate in campus life at University of Waterloo.
Dr. Stephen Watt
Faculty of Mathematics
University of Waterloo