Skip to main content

New Electronic Travel Authorization Forms

By November 18, 2015No Comments


In August, Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced new entry requirements for visa-exempt foreign nationals; “Those who fly or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) with the exception of U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa.”

The new policy will begin on March 15, 2016 and applies to those from countries such as South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Antigua, Barbados, and France, who previously did not need a visa to enter Canada. Nationals from these countries will now be required to complete an online application for an eTa before travelling to Canada by air. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed.

Students are asked to visit the Admission Office in room 163 if they have questions or would like more information.

Information can also be found by visiting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Leave a Reply