Columbia students had the opportunity to meet with representatives from two respected Canadian universities yesterday; the University of Manitoba and the University of Alberta®. Both schools were present to answer student questions about admissions, scholarships, residence, internships and much more.
The University of Manitoba
Define yourself. Define your future.
Located in Winnipeg, the University of Manitoba was western Canada’s first university. It is best known for its research-intensive programs and diversity of program selection, offering over 60 undergraduate degree programs.
-International students represent 13 percent of the student body, coming from 104 countries
– Home to 46 of Canada’s Research Chairs
– Only Canadian school with a Department of Entomology (study of insects)
– Hosts a Centre of Creative Writing and Oral Culture – the first of its kind in Canada
The University of Alberta®
Uplifting the whole people
The University of Alberta® is among the world’s top 100 universities. It offers over 200 undergraduate programs across 18 faculties and is proud of its campus-wide focus on teaching and learning.
• One of the top 5 universities in Canada
• Houses the 2nd largest library system in Canada
• 5 campuses across the province
• Home to Canada’s National Institute for Nanotechnology
• 6000 international students from 150 countries
The University of Alberta® is one of one of Columbia’s eight Canadian University Partners is pleased to partner with. As such, all Columbia graduates who attend UAlberta and graduate with at least an 80 percent average are eligible to receive an entrance scholarship of $4,000.
Thank you to the representatives of the University of Manitoba and the University of Alberta® for speaking with our students.