Columbia continues to welcome university representatives from Canada and the United States to its campus to hold valuable information sessions for students. Laurentian University, the University of Calgary, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Ryerson University were the most recent visitors to our campus.
Laurentian University is one of Canada’s fastest growing universities. It is known for its personalized learning experience and small class size which fosters academic growth. Laurentian excels in research, especially in the fields of business, health, mining and the environment.
• International admission has grown by 50%
• One of only two bilingual universities in Canada
• Two campuses – Barrie and Sudbury
• Ranked high for Services for International Students by the Globe and Mail
• Leader in environmental studies, health sciences, mineral exploration and mining, engineering, and management
University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s top-ranked young university. Located in Western Canada, Calgary is a vibrant city with a booming economy and is a short distance away from the beautiful Canadian Rockies. The University is known for its sustainability efforts and hopes to become one of Canada’s top five research universities by 2016.
• Offers more than 200 programs in 14 faculties
• 77 Canada Research Chairs
• Programs promote active learning and hands-on learning
• Values leadership and student engagement in the community
University of Wisconsin-Madison
The University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison) is a research intensive institution that places great emphasis on leadership and involvement. Its competitive and selective admission process strives to develop holistic students.
• Ranked in the top 50 universities worldwide (2014 QS World University Rankings)
• International students from over 130 countries
• Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Degrees available
Ryerson University is one of the most applied-to universities in Ontario and is widely recognized as a leader of innovation.
• Experiential learning opportunities through its co-op and internships placements
• Launched joint programs with Osgoode Hall Law School and St. Michael’s Hospital
• Largest business school in Canada – Ted Rogers School of Management
• Its Digital Media Zone at Ryerson University (DMZ) is one of Canada’s largest incubators and multi-disciplinary co-working spaces for young entrepreneurs
Columbia would like to thank all university representative for visiting and speaking with students.