The test that opens doors... now at Columbia International College
IELTS sets the standard for English language testing
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS for short, is used around the world by universities, colleges, governments, employers and professional accreditation bodies to evaluate English-language proficiency. More than 2 million tests are taken globally each year as a reliable and valid indicator of real-life ability to communicate in English.
Columbia International College is one of 900 IELTS testing centres worldwide, giving our students and the community convenient and regular access to this highly respected way of gauging facility in English. The test is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and includes four components: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS tests are conveniently held at Columbia International College’s Ainslewood Campus in west Hamilton:
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Click “Download Payment Form”
- Print and complete the payment form (signature required)
- Scan the payment form
- Click “Submit Payment Form”
- Click “Browse” to upload the completed form to our secure registration portal
- Click “Submit”
**A confirmation will appear if you were successful**
To register in-person, simply bring your passport or permanent resident card to room 106 (External Testing Office) at Columbia International College between 8:30a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. On test day, you must bring the original of the document you used to register or you won’t be allowed to write the test and you will forfeit your test fee. You will also be required to pay for your test by cash, credit card, money order or certified cheque.
To register by regular post, send us the following documents:
- a photocopy of your passport or permanent resident card. The number, picture and signature must be visible on the photocopy. On test day, you must bring the original of the document you used to register or you won’t be allowed to write the test and you will forfeit your test fee.
- a completed, signed application form
- a completed payment authorization form if you wish to pay by credit card. You can also mail a certified cheque or money order made out to Columbia International College with your application package.