The test that opens doors... now at Columbia International College
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS for short, is used around the world by universities, colleges, governments, employers and professional accreditation bodies to evaluate English-language proficiency. More than 2 million tests are taken globally each year as a reliable and valid indicator of real-life ability to communicate in English.
- Number of IELTS tests = Over 3.5 million tests in 2018
- Number of countries we operate in (tests available) = Over 140
- Number of test centers and locations globally = Over 1,200 including over 50 locations in the USA
- Number of countries where IELTS is recognized = Over 140
- Global recognition = Over 10,000 organizations worldwide
Columbia International College is one of 1100 IELTS testing centres affiliated with IDP worldwide, giving our students and the community convenient and regular access to this highly respected way of gauging facility in English. The test is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and includes four components: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS Test Location at Columbia International College
IELTS tests are conveniently held at Columbia International College’s Cedar Campus on the Hamilton Mountain.
672 Sanatorium Rd
Hamilton, ON L9C7S7 Canada
- T: +1 905-572-7883 ext 2920
Contact us to make an appointment to meet with a test centre representative
In order to ensure that the language ability of all test takers is assessed fairly and objectively, IELTS provides a comprehensive service for test takers who have special requirements, including specific learning difficulties, hearing difficulties and visual difficulties, medical conditions or infant feeding.
If you require a modified version of IELTS, you must give the test centre three months’ notice. If your circumstances require special arrangements to be made, e.g. extra time, you must give the test centre six weeks’ notice.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Click “Download Payment Form”
- Print and complete the payment form (signature required)
- Scan the payment form
- Click “Submit Payment Form”
- Click “Browse” to upload the completed form to our secure registration portal
- Click “Submit”
**A confirmation will appear if you were successful**
Contact us to make an appointment in-person. Please bring your passport/permanent resident card to your appointment. On test day, you must bring the original of the document you used to register or you won’t be allowed to write the test and you will forfeit your test fee. You will also be required to pay for your test by cash, credit card, money order or certified cheque.