The test that opens doors... now at Columbia International College
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS for short, is used around the world by universities, colleges, governments, employers and professional accreditation bodies to evaluate English-language proficiency. More than 2 million tests are taken globally each year as a reliable and valid indicator of real-life ability to communicate in English.
- Number of IELTS tests = Over 3 million tests in 2017
- Number of countries we operate in (tests available) = Over 140
- Number of test centers and locations globally = Over 1,200 including over 50 locations in the USA
- Number of countries where IELTS is recognized = Over 140
- Global recognition = Over 10,000 organizations worldwide
Columbia International College is one of 1100 IELTS testing centres affiliated with IDP worldwide, giving our students and the community convenient and regular access to this highly respected way of gauging facility in English. The test is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and includes four components: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS Test Location at Columbia International College
IELTS tests are conveniently held at Columbia International College’s Ainsliewood Campus in west Hamilton and Mohawk College’s Fennel Campus on the Hamilton Mountain.
Hours: 8:30a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Click “Download Payment Form”
- Print and complete the payment form (signature required)
- Scan the payment form
- Click “Submit Payment Form”
- Click “Browse” to upload the completed form to our secure registration portal
- Click “Submit”
**A confirmation will appear if you were successful**
To register in-person, simply bring your passport or permanent resident card to room 163 (External Testing Office) at Columbia International College between 8:30a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. On test day, you must bring the original of the document you used to register or you won’t be allowed to write the test and you will forfeit your test fee. You will also be required to pay for your test by cash, credit card, money order or certified cheque.