CIC Residence held a meaningful workshop where we welcomed alumni to share their CIC memories and advice on successfully transitioning to life in university.
A huge shout-out to alumni who joined in person or online for an evening filled with fabulous stories, tips and tricks:
- Amin Mansouri (CIC 2021), University of California, Irvine (Mechanical Engineering)
- Edgar Du (CIC 2021), Ontario College of Art and Design university (Industrial Design)
- Hayley Tung (CIC 2021), McMaster University (Environmental and Society)
- Julianna Zhu (CIC 2020), McMaster University (Mathematics and Statistics)
- Mulawo Mwanza (CIC 2015) , University of Ottawa (Social Sciences)
- Applaud yourself because you have the courage to leave your families behind and take risks on your own
- Culture shock can be intimidating when you first arrive in Canada
- Explore resources that CIC offers to help you step out of comfort zone and thrive
- Study and life balance is important in keeping you healthy
- Making friends and networking are very important in your journey
- Group activities are great places to meet new people
Can’t wait to see more familiar faces, engage with our alumni and learn about their first-hand knowledge and advice in the upcoming events.