CIC has introduced REACH App to all students and staff. All are required to use their phone to scan tags or QR codes around the school building which checks them in at various locations. Contact Tracing Reports will be accessed by Security Management, only in the event of a positive case of COVID-19.
Student safety and well-being are at the heart of Total Care Education. CIC is excited to introduce REACH, a smartphone app that can help us better communicate with students.
- At this moment, we will only be using the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Check-In feature
- NFC Tags and QR Codes only provide location information
- Downloading the REACH App does not give access to any other information on the phone
In the event of a positive COVID-19 case or possible exposure, Hamilton Public Health requires close contacts to be identified.
By using REACH contact tracing, we can:
- Respond quickly and effectively
- Avoid spread and keep the CIC community safe
- Identify close contacts; rather than locking down the entire school, we may be able to isolate smaller groups who may have been exposed
- Maintain in-person classes, clubs, sports, trips, and events
- Avoid additional quarantine or isolation periods due to exposure to COVID-19