On Friday, November 16th, Columbia presented its second annual “Arts in Unison” showcase, composed of dramas, music performances and digital shorts.
This acclaimed project is a collaboration amongst students from Grade 11 and 12 drama and vocal classes, as well as the school band. All props and backdrops were designed by volunteers from the visual arts class.
The showcase featured:
- Solo Performances from Mr. Lawlis’ Music Class
- Adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet by Grade 11 Drama Class
- “The Scientist” & “California Dreamin’” by Grade 11 Vocal Class
- “Night Train” by School Band
- “Threshold”, a silent film by The Six Productions
- “Tracking Mr. Hand”, a silent film by The Detective Company
- Adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol by Grade 12 Drama Class
Columbia has long been committed to character building and has also woven positive values into interest development. Arts in Unison not only showcases our students’ talents, but also helps boost their confidence and expand their career opportunities.
We’d thank all those involved in the production process.
The performances will be available on our YouTube channel soon. In the meantime, check out photos from the festivities below!
Posted by Columbia International College on Tuesday, November 20, 2018